Wednesday, November 13, 2013

January...Really?


A couple of months ago, this was the beginning of a message to me from my Aunt Kathy telling me she missed my blog posts. Nice of her and maybe just what I needed. What can I say? It's been a busy year and it was a particularly busy summer. Now that fall is well under way, maybe things will calm down.

And so I pick up where I left off…knitting.

Alpaca Corded Bundle

I always get the knitting bug when the weather starts to cool down. This year is no different. A couple of weekends ago, I attended a fibers festival called Fiber in the Boro held annually in Murfreesboro, TN. I met two alpaca farmers and both have farms in TN and not far from me. Who knew?! I had no idea but I am quite happy because I love being able to source locally.

I spent a while talking with Ray and Debbie Hansen who own Painted Alpaca Farm in Columbia, TN, and since I have fallen in love with alpaca, I bought this large bundle from them. I plan to knit it into a rug using Addi circulars (as soon as I find them). I expect it to knit up very quickly. I hope I'm right about that.


This yarn was hard to photograph. Of course that could have been partially due to the extra help I had from Gus.

Enjoy your day.
Diana




No comments:

Post a Comment