Friday, January 20, 2012

Spectacular Views and Great Food


As I mentioned in an earlier post, the Alabama Chanin workshop's location - Springhouse Restaurant at Lake Martin - was equally wonderful. In fact, it was a perfect companion for the workshop.

This first group of photographs is of the spectacular views from the restaurant. This place is beautiful  (even during winter)!! :)

 




 Springhouse Restaurant
Then there was the restaurant itself. I don't even know where to begin. The concept is about being connected to nature and community. The chef - who prepared the most amazing lunch for us and was so wonderfully gracious - buys from local sources and plans menus based on what's available locally and seasonally. The restaurant itself was built with the land and community in mind, and it shows.


Isn't this fireplace beautiful? All the stonework is by a local stone craftsman. (I want a fireplace like this one so bad!)


The stone artist's (and he is an artist) signature are these carved faces hidden behind a stone door. I love elements like this. The stone opens up and you get a nice little surprise. This fireplace had one on each side.



I love the burlap pendant over the table. I almost chose one similar to this for the kitchen eating area in our home. I went with linen instead. That burlap looks great though.



My photo doesn't do the glass tile justice. I love the contrast with the stone. Beautiful. I have a stone and glass backsplash planned for my house - long skinny tiles just like these.


I also love these sconces. It really felt like candlelight. 

Okay. That's it. I know this was a long post, but hopefully you've enjoyed this little tour.

Enjoy your weekend.

Diana


No comments:

Post a Comment